Absent the thousand-watt voltage of an artificially illuminated world.

  • +.. psychedelic rock
  • +.. psychedelic rock surf
  • +.. psychedelic rock


+

+


Would you like me to provide an argument in favor of all of this in order to convince you? Should I acknowledge the wondrous advances of human reason, the medical milestones, the household conveniences, and the steady march of progress, all of which we will surely lose in the dark? I will not make that argument or concede those points. There is no argument you will listen to that will embolden you to drop this superlit illusion of modern life. You have to come to the decision on your own. There will be those who seek to drag me into the light, make me stand and deliver and defend myself. But this I will not do. There is no reason for it. The stars are my argument. My witness is the moon. Remain plugged in if you wish, but when the darkness comes—your death and the decline of our species—don’t complain that you can’t see by it. Don’t say, “The world has gone dark and now I am as one made blind.”
Strand, Clark. Waking Up to the Dark: The Black Madonna's Gospel for An Age of Extinction and Collapse

Comments