a stranger can enter into that resonance. We call it the ‘knowing field’.”

  • +..cinematic electronica

  • +..darkwave

  • +.. Alt pop


+

+


The following week she came to the sessions wearing fashionable but audacious and revealing outfits. Her posture on the chair, although not overtly provocative, exposed sensitive areas of her (pleasant looking) body allowing me a full view, which was impossible to avoid. Her mostly silent attitude was interrupted by complaints that ‘therapy is very static, nothing happens here’; ‘I am a doer, I find inactivity difficult’; ‘I expect more feedback from you but you just sit there in silence’. I found these remarks as unconscious reference to my lack of response to her erotic presentation, expressions of an unconscious sexualisation of ‘doing’, ‘happening’ and ‘feedback’. They were unconscious because I have no doubt that Mrs B was not aware of her seductiveness and erotic posture.
Erotic Transference and Countertransference: Clinical practice in psychotherapy.

Comments

Popular Posts